Use of Third-Party Services
The Academies may use third-party services to better engage with our visitors or to collect data by means of forms, surveys, subscriptions, or other online data-entry mechanisms. We are not responsible for the terms of service or privacy policies of any third-party service providers.
User’s Grant of Nonexclusive License
By providing data in response to this website, or otherwise participating in or using any communications service, chat session, webcast, message board, user forum, personalized area, or other interactive activity on this website (content), you:
- grant the Academies a nonexclusive irrevocable worldwide license in any media now or hereafter known to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose; and
- warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that public posting or other use of the content by the Academies will not infringe or violate the property or other rights of any third party.
Rules of User Conduct
You agree to abide by all procedures and requirements of the Academies, including, but not limited to, agreeing not to use this website for any unlawful purpose. By posting information, participating in, listening to, or otherwise using any communications service, chat session, webcast, message board, user forum, personalized area, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this website, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content, including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information, that:
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other property right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment, or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts, or otherwise violates the Academies’ rules or policies;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability; or
- impersonates any person or entity.
Tapes or Transcripts of Public Meetings
Webcasts, audio/video recordings, or transcripts of open meetings or sessions, workshops, symposia, or public data-gathering meetings sponsored by the Academies, which are made available on this website, are not official reports of the Academies. Opinions and statements included in such audio or video recordings, transcripts, or webcasts of such events are solely those of the individual persons or participants, and are not necessarily adopted or endorsed or verified as accurate by the Academies.
Disclaimer of Warranties
There is no guarantee that any transmission of data over the Internet is completely secure. The Academies cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE (THE “CONTENT”) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ACADEMIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE.
Upon a request by the Academies, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Academies and their employees, officers, council members, and agents from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this website. The Academies reserve the right, at their own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with the Academies in asserting any available defenses.
General information related to medical conditions, treatments, or public or private health issues may be posted to this website. Any such information does not suggest diagnosis or treatment. This information is not a substitute for medical attention. You must see your health care professional for medical advice and treatment.
The Academies make no representation that materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from nations or territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Persons who access this website from outside the United States are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Choice of Law and Forum
Severability and Integration
Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Academies with respect to this website and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and the Academies with respect to this website.